Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ubuntu 11.10 wireless problem: Solved

Ubuntu 11.10 is awesome but the following issue is found in many installations

ProblemWhen I try to connect to the internet using wi-fi a pop-up message asks the password as usual and after I type it correctly it shows a notification box telling me that I'm disconnected. If I connect the cable directly it works perfectly


Solution: This issue is hardware dependent .most of the machines are coming with wireless device which will require installation of additional drivers, once you update the ubuntu 11.10 OS , it will start prompting you to install additional drivers for wireless device. click OK, and authenticate the request the OS will automatically find the appropriate driver. after a restart the issue will be fixed.


In many cases the problem gets fixed in the above described way, If the problem still persists
follow this link for similar solutions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment